Friday, January 29, 2010

Vera Bradely Diaper Bag Knockoff--how'd I do?

bThe completed Vera Bradley knockoff! I love the way it turned out!!
This is my friend Renee's bag that I copied. What do you think? Does mine look pretty close? This one runs close to $100. My fabric and supplies cost about $25.


Looking down into the bag, I sealed the seems with binding. I wish I had done brown but the blue works.I added 2 pockets on both sides of the inside of the bag.

I had enough fabric to make a changing pad too. It's super thin, so it can be folded in 3rds or quarters.
It's hard to see, but on the inside (the blue side) I spray adhesived vinyl onto the fabric to make it wipeable. I was going to use iron on vinyl, but the Joanns I visited was out. I don't know when this baby is coming, so I just wanted to get it done. My spray glue is washable though, so it should not be an issue. I then added binding around the edges to seal them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment