Sunday, January 3, 2010
Christmas Gifts: Produce Bags
I decided to make my MIL some produce bags for either the grocery store or the farmer's market. I picked a 100% cotton muslin, rope drawstring, and I freezer paper stenciled the images on the corners. If you've never done this before, it's super easy. Basically:
1. Iron freezer paper to the inside of your project
2. Draw and Cut out your image on another piece of freezer paper
3. Iron this stencil onto the front of your project
4. Fabric paint onto stencil and let it dry
5. Peel off freezer paper and enjoy!
(I've done this on all sorts of projects and it always turns out great. I'm not the best stencil cutter so I use pretty simple designs, but you can get really elaborate).