Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Activity Bags and Peek-a-boo bags

I'm really excited. My mommy group is getting together to create activity bags and peek-a-boo bags for our 2 year olds.

What's an activity bag? Ever been sitting in a restaurant with a toddler and you are desperately trying to entertain them until the food arrives? I have! So--how about a bag you just grab and go that is filled with all sorts of tricks to entertain. Each person in our group is contributing 1 item so we'll have a bunch of different things in our bag for our little one to enjoy. I'm going to sew a zippered bag to hold all the items with some scrap fabric. So excited about this one!

What's a peek-a-boo bag? http://www.thepreciouspresents.com/Peek-A-Boo.html I'm going to use a version of this tutortial to make a peek-a-boo bag. basically it's a fabric pouch with a see through window. The kids play "I spy" trying to find the objects in the bag. I thought it would be fun to put it in Benji's activity bag.


I'll take pictures when we work on them Wednesday (activity bags will be completed in a couple weeks---not sure how much I'll be able to participate as we aren't sure when this baby is arriving). Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment