Sunday, December 23, 2012

Light'em Up and Spread the Joy

I want to apologize for my lack of posts on this blog. I always have the best intentions, but my littles and their lives get busy, business gets busy, and then I'm too tired!  My hubby finally, finally, finished his 2nd Masters in November so I'm hoping I'll have more time!  I had planned to do a homemade Christmas daily post in December, but than that got backlogged.  Instead, I'm going to do a Christmas recap in January, once all my homemade gifts have been opened and surprises can't be ruined. Make sure you follow me then, so you can ear mark future gifts you can make too!

On another note, the horrific events in Connecticut have me reminiscing about my teaching days. It wasn't too long ago we were doing practice drills at our elementary school in CA.  We had to find safe places to hide our Kindergarteners within the classroom. At the time, it seemed so far fetched.  Now, it's crazy to think this could be the new real life for my kiddos as they enter school. Benjamin starts Kindergarten in the fall, but even now I drop him for 3 hours MWF at the local preschool.  It saddens me to think of all the families shattered.

Because of the importance of spreading kindness, because I want my kids to understand how your actions can affect the happiness of others...we started doing a Light'em Up/Random Acts of Kindness activity through out the month of december.

What have we done?

  • Ben initiated giving our favorite waitress a large tip
  • We paid for coffee for the cars behind us in the drive through.  
  • We treated the mail carrier and UPS guys to coffee treats
  • We put $ in the salvation army bucket
  • We moved shopping carts out of the way of cars
  • We drew cards for our friends
We still plan on doing more.  I challenge you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment